At the Good Food & Wine Show 2016, I made a guilt free mousse. It was SO easy to make, and even easier to eat! This dessert is for the REAL chocoholic, and has a really satisfying edge to it.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (my favourite is from Wellness Warehouse- well priced and top quality!)
- 200g of creamed coconut (I love the Amaizin brand- also at Wellness Warehouse) or coconut cream (if you use coconut cream, place in the fridge for at least 6 hours to solidify)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla bean extract
- 3 tablespoons of Xylitol syrup
- 1 medium sized avocado
- Pinch of salt to balance richness
- Raw cashew nuts for garnish
- Place coconut cream into a liquidiser and add vanilla extract. You can also add about 50ml of hot water to get things melting quicker. Blitz.
- Add the balance of the ingredients (Cacao powder, xylitol, avocado, salt)
- Blend until smooth and silky texture.
- Dish up and garnish with nuts.
- Try to eat it slowly 🙂